Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back In The Game...

So it's been quite some time since my last post... I've been caught up investing my time in this silly thing we call "life."  

After many hours of thought and pondering, I realize I haven't been engaged in what I am passionate about at all lately. This last semester of school was what seemed to be never-ending and nearly killed my admiration for the arts. It's weird that some things we must do in our lifetime that we don't neccessarily "want" to do can change our attitudes and outlooks on the things we love most. One terrible professor or class that doesn't strike much interest, and next thing I know I am questioning myself one whether or not I ever want to do anything creative or artistic ever again.

On the otherhand, our lives are what we choose to make of them.  If we always dwell on the subpar qualities of life and remember only what bothers us, we have no hope. Remembering all of the great things that art has introduced me to in life. Friends and new aquaintences that have enriched my life tremendously have been a result of my young and developing art career. 

That said, that's what leads us to this photo. An Alpaca who calls a low-key petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano his home. Glancing at this photo reminds me of a day I'll never forget. A day that I was lucky enough to spend with a person who makes my heart beat fast and ties my stomach in knots with her breath-taking beauty and her kind hearted nature. I met her in a painting class a few semesters back, and not only is she talented and highly intelligent, she's my adventure partner and my best friend. Here's hoping that I get the opportunity for many more days like this one. 

And to all of you taking a moment of your time to read this... Never let hard times control you... embrace them and stay passionate about the things you love while they're still tangible. Cheers to a motivational post, and some new work to come in the near future by yours truly...

- m@rty.


No comments:

Post a Comment