Monday, June 13, 2011

Never Grow Up...

If you know me well, you know that I'm an avid thinker and my mind can easily get the best of me.  Most of the time it plays tricks on me and leads me to become my own worst enemy.


At this moment my mind is steering clear of elements that lead to my own demise, and I'm enjoying it. 


That being said, I'm thinking back to when I was a kid.  When my birthdays were still in the single digit age range and I had so many heroes who I admired and looked up to.  Anything from fictional super-hero characters to athletic super stars really tickled my fancy and gave me something to hope for in the future.


As we as a society grow older, we tend to lose those idols of ours and our dreams become nightmares when we find ourselves working our fingers to the bone at jobs we hate to make ends meet.  


Fortunately for me, when the light bulb above my head is lit and shining at it's brightest, I then begin to realize that I live a very fortunate and priveledged life.  At the age of 26, I'm stoked to admit that I still have a group of heroes/heroine that inspire me to live my life the way I do.  Although they don't have super powers or are jacked up on steroids crankin' homers over the outfeild fence, they have the ability to make society aware of what is happening to and around us.  By creating powerful and memorable images that make the wheels in our heads turn, my heroes are known as "artists."


That leads us to some new posts...


From this point on I will make it a goal of mine to post some images and links about those who expand my mind and inspire me to show the world my own thoughts.  We start with the artist known as "Bansky".  Whether you love him or hate him, he's here to stay.  Oftenly reckonized by some as pure "hype," Banksy remains a highly influential individual to me.  Keeping his identity a secret suggests that he purely creates his work for the passion for it, as well as notifying the public to be alert of what is happening in our world today.  His ambition, work ethic, and execution are nothing short of amazing, and his conceptually is mind-blowing. Not to mention he promotes his work in ways that the public to see without making them pay for parking and "exiting through the gift shop."  Skills like his don't just happen overnight, it takes countless amounts of hours to make work of his calibur.  Bansky drives a motivational force behind me as an artist to make more work for the "people" to enjoy, and that's what makes him a hero...





Check him out here... Banksy


Check out some more of his work at MOCA in LA, Admission is free every monday until August 8th courtesy of Bansky... Check out the details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment